Using dental floss is difficult for some people. For one thing, you have to be very consistent in using it for it to be effective. Even if you do use it regularly:
- Are you able to fit your hand in your mouth to get the back teeth?
- Are you able to maneuver it under the gumline?
- Are you applying enough pressure to remove plaque from your tooth?
- Are you applying too much pressure and injuring the tissue?
Oh, did I mention the pain from twisting the floss around your finger 100 times!
If you are someone who can relate to the above we may have just the solution for you!
One of the items our clinical team recommends to nearly every patient is a Waterpik Water Flosser. Clinical studies show that the Water Flosser is up to:
- 51% more effective in reducing gingivitis(gum disease) than dental floss
- 2x as effective in reducing gingival bleeding than dental floss
- 29% more effective removing plaque(what can cause gum disease) than dental floss
A Water Flosser is a handheld device that sprays a stream of water to remove food from between teeth. If you have had any dental work completed, that makes it difficult to floss, such as braces, fixed or permanent bridges or crowns- you may find that a Water Pik is the right choice for you.
Change the way you view flossing and turn it into a quick easy part of your dental at home care routine with a Water Pik!
Stop by the office at,
1720 Congress Ave
Oshkosh, WI 54901
or call 920-235-3251 from more information!