Many people request that we remove their amalgam fillings and metal crowns, but why does that matter to you? Here's a few reasons:
- Amalgam fillings contain mercury, which isn't something you want in your body. We use an isolite system to remove amalgam, keeping you safe during the removal.
- Amalgam fillings aren't sealed up like a tooth colored filling, causing them to leak on the edges. From our experience every amalgam we have removed has had some type of decay show up around it.
- Amalgam fillings and metal crowns don't allow the doctors to see through them on x-rays, making decay hard to see.
- Amalgam fillings expand and contract which allows them to break over time and crack or fracture the tooth remaining there...meaning you will need more treatment.
- Amalgams and metal crowns just aren't pretty! They do not mimic your tooth's natural color.
If you are someone you know is ready to get their silver fillings and crowns removed, or if you see someone cover their mouth when they laugh/smile because of the silver or gold, give us a call! We would be happy to help!